Monday, June 27, 2011

Warning: camera failed

I've looked for this error in internet, but I didn't find anything that suited mine.

I've seen errors (mainly in Galaxy S) that happen after a few days use and so on, but my error happens when the camera focuses.

If you click the camera button on screen, it will make a picture.
But if you keep it pressed, the camera focuses and takes the picture upon release of the button.
The error comes when you have the location options enabled. If you disable the location options, you can press the camera button, focus, and release the button. Without error. :-)

And all this, with Froyo (Android 2.2) installed on the phone.

Have you had this problem? know anyone who has it? Let us know! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I have the same problem after upgrading to Froyo (Android 2.2) with my Galaxy Apollo (I5800).
    With location disabled, camera is working properly. But it reports an error and crashes, when I have location enabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.tntechie.com/2011/06/fix-camera-failed-problem-in-samsung.html

    this might help you

    ReplyDelete
  3. my samsung eropia wont let me use my camera, it just says 'camera failed'. I have wiped all apps and made sure there are lots of gigs left, but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for the comments!!
    Sorry for the late response, but I forgot to turn on the "comment notification". :-(

    To the first anonymous comment, thanks for letting know! :-)

    To the second anonymous comment, the owner of the Samsung Europa, I guess you can try switching off location services. Maybe it's not a problem of the apps afterall.

    Try Applications --> Settings --> Location and Security, and then uncheck the options "Use wireless networks" and "Use GPS satellites".

    Hope it works!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @N.S Shyam Raj: thanks for the link!

    These guys propose the same solution that I do, turning location services off.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers! Now I made my girlfriend happy by fixing her phone :)

    The WLAN location service caused her camera to fail almost all the time :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool!!

    Glad to know this somehow helps :-)

    ReplyDelete